Position Title: Graphic Designer
Location: US Corporate Office in Mason, OH
Status: Full-time OR Part-time
Reports to: Marketing Director
Works closely with: Marketing Team, Graphic Designers, Writers, Videographers, Social Media Coordinator
Position summary: Back2Back is looking for a creative professional to visually share stories of
orphaned and vulnerable children through excellent Graphic Design. You will work on a variety
of deliverables including web content, email and social media graphics, magazines, apparel,
rack cards, brochures, and training manuals. Our goal is to tell the stories of the children
Back2Back serves in an honoring and compelling way.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Take projects from design “brief” to completion.
- Balance workload while prioritizing time well to meet deadlines.
- Work with a wide range of media.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts while keepin within established branding guidelines.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas.
- Amend final designs to the team’s comments.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, videographers, social media coordinators, directors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- College degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio that includes print, web, and social media pieces
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) within the Mac OS environment.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Creativity, attention to detail, ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- High proficiency in all aspects of graphic design.
- Communicate and present ideas.
- Collaborate as part of a creative team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professionalism regarding time usage, working within a defined budget, and meeting deadlines.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.