Position Title: Youth Pastor (in coordination with Site Staff position)
Location: Jos, Nigeria
Reports to: Nigeria Site Director
Works closely with: Nigeria Partner Homes & Hope Houses
Position summary: To guide Back2Back’s orphaned and vulnerable children by having a love for God; a love for children, teenagers and young adults; and a desire to care for these children with a heart to see them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Display a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, praying regularly for the children in the Back2Back program and community
- Develop positive relationship with the children and their caregivers
- Lead the children to encourage their spiritual growth
- Design and develop programs and events to engage the children for their spiritual growth
- Keep the leadership informed of any issues arising
- Participate in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Mature relationship with Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies or Youth Ministry
- Youth Ministry experience
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of the child
- Understanding of the challenges faced by and needs of orphaned and vulnerable children
- Excellent communication and relational skills
- Proficient use of social media
- Excellent organizational and supervision skills
- Natural liking for children and young people
- Ability to lead by example
- Available to work extended hours and weekends
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.