Position Title: Youth Pastor
Location: Cancun, Mexico
Reports to: Cancun Site Director
Works closely with: Cancun Site Director and Cancun Staff
Position summary: To guide the student so that he/she can achieve learning, values and Biblical principles and prepare for life a Christ-centered foundation in English classes
- Give follow-up in the spiritual area to adolescents and university students.
- Carry out connection activities with adolescents and university students.
- Support in management of the Care Database.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring for students
- Plan, implement and lead community activities.
- Develop positive relationships with the children and their caregivers.
- Lead the children to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- 4 year degree with a major in Biblical studies (or related area) is preferred
- 3+ years of youth ministry or mentoring experience
- Mature relationship with Jesus
Required skills and abilities:
- Fluent in Spanish
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Skills for life (experience with any tool and/or trade)
- Compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of the child
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead by example
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective time management
- Ability to work on a team as a leader and/or support staff
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.