Position Title: Media Manager
Location: US Office – Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Marketing Director
Works closely with: Marketing Team, Advancement Team, Ministry Sites, US Office Staff
Position summary: The Media Manager executes the Marketing strategic plan as it pertains to video & audio content collection, production, and distribution; coordination with the Social Media Specialist to engage all social media platforms; asset management, in regards to all photo and video assets that highlight the ministry; back-end website and web store management and design; studio production of live and recorded events, and management of studio and equipment; and email campaign management and execution
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Coordinate all initial aspects of video production projects, ensuring that projects are accurately defined, schedules created and tracked, resulting in a smooth, efficient and well-run process.
- Execute local, national, and international collection of video/stills for assigned projects. If not able, coordinate with staff on the field to execute international video or photo projects.
- Manage footage license agreements, requests, fulfillment and distribution; manage and report music use.
- Ability to produce training videos for the Ministry for both internal and external distribution.
- Execute audio production of the Be the Difference podcast and all associated graphics, as well as managing the audio production studio and any other audio production projects.
- Manage studio productions; run live stream and cameras for events and recordings, maintain studio schedule, and manage equipment.
- Work with the Social Media Specialist to build a social media calendar and provide assets as needed
- Organize and maintain photo and video library.
- Coordinate with IT to manage the back-end of the Ministry’s wordpress website, creating new pages, assisting in any edits to content, and executing web design changes as needed.
- Manage new staff and items on the web store, and work with the Employee Relations department to make sure all Staff Support pages are updated.
- Help organize all email broadcasts, maintain email lists, and manage, coordinate, and design email campaigns.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage and coordinate actions and initiatives.
- Other marketing activities and participation in large multi-media campaigns may be required.
Required education and experience:
- 4-year college degree with related major (such as Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, New Media, or Electronic Media)
- Mature Christian
- Proven experience in executing multifaceted video shoots, photography, and audio recording (professional experience strongly desired but not required)
- Must be familiar with pre-production, production, post-production processes
- Experience with wordpress or similar web platforms, web design experience a plus
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Must embody the “character” of Back2Back: Relational, Invitational, Approachable, and Relentlessly Hopeful through very strong relational/interpersonal skills.
- Administrative and detail-oriented/well organized.
- Project management skills, including ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Flexible and teachable; adaptable to change.
- Sensitivity to cross cultural communications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media.
- Solid understanding of the Internet and social media marketing best practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-directed team player who is able to work effectively both in groups and independently
- Write effective social media posts.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Written and verbal communication of Spanish encouraged, but not required.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.