Position Title: US Operations Director
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Executive Director
Works closely with: Finance, Mission Team, Marketing, Development, HR, Communications, and Leadership Team
Position summary: To oversee the US business and ministry operations of Back2Back Ministries. The primary objective of the US operations team is to provide infrastructure support for the domestic and international ministry programs and sites.
- Manages and provides administrative oversight to the US support team.
- Implements growth strategies for current organization operations (Finance, Mission Team Support, Marketing, Development, Communications, and HR).
- Contributing member of the Back2Back leadership team (refer to Organization Chart)
- Implements the ministry’s strategic plan, as established by the Executive Director and Back2Back Board.
- Supports leadership and planning for US events and projects (fundraising, publications, financial reports and master schedule of events).
- Provides oversight and accountability for all financial audits and reports, ensuring the integrity of ministry finances and the accuracy of financial audit trails.
- Manages budgeted projects and expenditures as per policy manuals.
- Implements policies and procedures in the Back2Back Policy and Staff Manuals. Initiates and assists in developing recommendations for policy, procedures and protocol, as well as in directing ministry priorities. Updates the manuals and policies with modifications and additions to be approved by the Back2Back Board.
- Works with the Executive Director in the process of screening staff applicants to ensure consistent standards and thorough implementation of Back2Back policies and guidelines.
- Provides appropriate US staff evaluations.
- Assists the Executive Director in planning/presenting the agenda and gathering materials for board meetings.
- Serves as a ministry fundraiser.
- Develops the US staff team to support domestic and international ministry growth.
- Travels to international and domestic sites (average of four weeks per year).
- Recruits prospective ministry staff for the US Operations team.
- Assists as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- College Educated: Graduate of 4-year University Program with a B.A. or B.S. in Business and/or Finance
- Mature Christian (minimum 5 years)
- Management experience (minimum 5 years)
- Mission field experience preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Administrative and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage people through practices such as delegation and clear communication of expectations.
- Knowledgeable of financial processes and fiscally responsible.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strategic-thinker and able to implement and support strategic plans.
- Project management skills, including ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible; adaptable to change.
- Displays wisdom.
- Ability to work as a team-player.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.