Position Title: US Operations Director
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Executive Director
Oversees: US Operations Team, consisting of Finance, Mission Teams, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Child and Family Sponsorship.
Works closely with: Advancement, US Site Directors, Site Directors, and Leadership Team.
Position summary: To oversee the US business and ministry operations of Back2Back Ministries. The primary objective of the US operations team is to provide infrastructure support for the domestic and international ministry programs and sites.
- Manages and provides administrative oversight to the US Operations Team.
- Implements growth strategies for the US Operations Team.
- Contributing member of the Back2Back US Leadership Team.
- Implements the ministry’s strategic plan, as established by the Executive Director and Back2Back Board.
- Supports leadership and planning for US events and projects (fundraising, publications, financial reports and master schedule of events).
- Provides oversight and accountability for all financial audits and reports, ensuring the integrity of ministry finances and the accuracy of financial audit trails.
- Manages budgeted projects and expenditures as per policy manuals.
- Implements policies and procedures in the Back2Back Policy and Staff Manuals.
- Initiates and assists in developing recommendations for policy, procedures and protocol updates, with modifications and additions to be approved by the Back2Back Board.
- Understand and direct the ministry’s priorities and objectives.
- Lead Ministry and Development Plan process for the Operations Team, providing appropriate staff evaluations.
- Assists the Executive Director in planning and presenting the agenda and gathering materials for board meetings as needed.
- Serve as a Major Gift Officer under the direction of the Advancement Team.
- Develops the US Operations Team to support domestic and international ministry growth.
- Travels to international and domestic sites as needed.
- Recruits prospective ministry staff for the US Operations Team.
- Assists as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- College Educated: Graduate of 4-year University Program with a B.A. or B.S. in Business and/or Finance.
- Mature Christian (minimum 5 years).
- Management experience (minimum 5 years).
- Mission field experience preferred.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Administrative and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage people through practices such as delegation and clear communication of expectations.
- Knowledgeable of financial processes and fiscally responsible.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strategic-thinker and able to implement and support strategic plans.
- Project management skills, including ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible; adaptable to change.
- Displays wisdom.
- Ability to work as a team-player.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.