Position Title: US Office Intern
Location: Mason, Ohio
Status: One or two-month summer term, 2022 Availability
Reports to: Intern Coordinator
Works closely with: US Office Staff Team
Position summary: Back2Back interns gain practical hands-on ministry and leadership training experience through service in the US Office. Interns work alongside Back2Back staff members and assist in the behind-the-scenes work of a corporate office of a non-profit organization.
- Supports the needs of Back2Back staff.
- Assist staff with anything they need while in the US Office.
- Prepare for and/or lead projects (i.e. gather supplies, tools, create/implement a plan to lead project).
- Research new information per department
- Share and/or present data in appropriate format
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills and being socially perceptive
- Work independently and in groups.
- Analyze, evaluate, and solve problems creatively with limited resources.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff
- Participate in staff meetings and individual team meetings.
Required education and experience:
- At least 18 years old and graduated from high school
- Previous participation in a Back2Back mission trip (any site)
- Mature Christian
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Clearly express a calling to serve the orphan and vulnerable child
- Display leadership skills and maturity
- Display a spirit of strong stewardship (time, talent and resources), flexibility, teamwork, and a passion for learning.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discernment in decision making.
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Interns may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.