Position Title: Translator
Location: Mason, OH
Status: Full-Time – 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Advancement
Works closely with: Executive Director, Marketing Team, Employee Relations Team, Child Development Team
Position summary: Facilitate communication throughout the organization by translating both written and spoken material and ensuring that meaning and context are maintained.
- Speak, read and write fluently in English and Spanish
- Attend conferences, meetings and other events or travel to international sites as required to act as an official translator and mediate discussion
- Create text and translations that relate the concepts, ideas, and styles of the original language
- Convert written materials from one language to another with a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Edit and proofread text to reflect both legal terminology and colloquial language
- Read aloud documents in a language other than that in which they were written
- Develop and manage a list of key terminology in multiple language to create consistency of meaning through the organization
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of translation experience
- Mature Christian
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Analyze, evaluate, and solve problems creatively with limited resources
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate compassion and concern through healthy relationships
- Listen actively and be socially perceptive to non-verbal cues
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills
- Demonstrate high reliability and dependability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities in a detailed manner
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate good judgment and discernment in decision making
- Handle conflict in a honoring and truthful manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work as a team player
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.