Position Title: Strong Families Program Staff (A team of least 2 is encouraged, but not required.)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports to: Strong Families Program Manager
Works closely with: India Site Director, Strong Families Program Coaches, Strong Families Staff, and Ministry Partners
Position summary: To fulfill the mission of B2B, through the planning and delivery of program activities and events. The Strong Families Program Coordinator works to develop relationships and trust with families, individuals, and leaders in the community/communities where the Strong Families live.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Strong Families Program (SFP) Planning, Delivery, and Evaluation
- Uphold and reinforce the six Core Principles of the Strong Families Program: Partnership, Holistic Care, Asset-Based Community Development, Sustainability, Empowerment, and Family Ownership.
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of Back2Back, the needs and desires of the community, and the 5-Point Child Development plan.
- Recommend new programming and initiatives to support the changing needs/desires of the community.
- Work with leadership to develop long-term goals and objectives to achieve successful outcomes.
- Work with leadership to develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities. This includes planning ahead to maintain a programming schedule for children and parents, and the community center schedule (if applicable).
- Enter Child & Family information into the Care Database.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of information on children and families involved in the program.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Schedule and collaboratively create the agenda for regular SFP staff meetings.
- Develop relationships with partners, leaders, and residents in and around the community.
- Collaborate with and maintain open lines of communication with partners.*
- Value and leverage the skills and gifts of partners* and volunteers.
- Work with community members, Back2Back staff, and partners* to identify community needs and assets.
- Work with community members, Back2Back staff, and partners* to identify the changing needs of the community and adjust programming accordingly.
- Supervise program staff by providing clear direction, input, and feedback.
- As requested and directed by leadership, recruit and recommend well-qualified SFP staff to hire.
- Work with the Strong Families Program Staff, the Site Director to develop a program and activities for engaging with visiting mission teams at the Community Center (if applicable).
- Steward all B2B resources (facilities, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.).
- Keep track of B2B supplies.
- Follow all financial procedures (sign-outs, requests, receipts, etc.).
- Care for the physical facilities and equipment at the Community Center (if applicable).
- Participate in Staff Community Building
- Invest in staff relationships
- Participate in staff activities (Bible studies, dinners, parties, nights out)
Required education and experience:
- University degree preferred
- 2-4 years of program management experience (camp, community center)
- Cross-cultural experience preferred
- Mature Christian
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Behaving Ethically: Understand ethical behavior, and consistently uphold standards that align with the values of Back2Back.
- Building Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the program.
- Communicating Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner. Always seek to understand before being understood.
- Seeking Creativity/Innovation: Pursue new and unique ways to improve the operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Fostering Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others (staff, partners, volunteers, government, etc.) to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance program effectiveness.
- Leading Collaboratively: Work with others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the program.
- Making Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the program.
- Organizing Effectively: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Planning Effectively: Determine strategies to move the program forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solving Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Demonstrating Initiative: Executing opportunities to add value to the program and the people without being asked.
- Teachable with a desire to grow – personally, professionally and spiritually
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.