Position Title: Hope Program Social Worker
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Reports to: Hope Program Director
Works closely with: Hope Program families and students
Position summary: Develop and direct social work best practices using the 5-Point Child Development Plan, Child Status Index, and other evidence-based tools in order to create and implement holistic care initiatives that provide support for and meet the identified needs of children, teenagers, and families.
- Implement the student and family admission system for the Hope Program inclusive of:
- Admission formats
- Interviews with candidates/families and elaborate diagnose
- Back2Back requirements
- DIF requirements
- Programs admission calendar
- Oversee the holistic care plan for each child, Hope Program family and biological family
- Collaborate with teachers, health professionals, spiritual leaders, and others to determine action plans and review goal progress.
- Field investigation to determine which cases we will help using the application of socioeconomic studies, home visits, interviews with neighbors, family interview, social report and informational notes.
- Develop life plans of adolescents and their families, with reviews every six months.
- Work with other staff to help plan activities such as field trips, health visits, tutoring sessions.
- Conduct regular in-home assessments using tools such as the Child Status Index, Risk Assessment and Environmental Scans.
- Coordinate dates for adolescents’ vacations, elaborate exit permits, and coordinate the liaison with biological families for authorization of the same.
- Maintain records
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and trainings.
- Provide input as requested in other areas of the ministry
- Student Exits
- Notify the Regulation and Professionalization Coordination of Children’s Homes within 3 days of the departure of a student, determining the reason of egress: family reintegration or adoption, moving to another institution, or coming of age.
- Develop a program to follow-up with graduated students
- Perform home visits to follow-up with graduated students.
- Transition Program
- Develop and update a database for students in transition
- Be a link between the student and the institution to see if they are candidates for transition, taking as reference the form “Criteria to be a part of the Transition Program”
- Establish the amount and time of support to students in transition, in coordination with the Management and Administration area.
- Follow-up with students in Transition.
- Hope Program
- Structure the Social Work department on the LTP Campus
- Bi-weekly follow up on the LTP campus
- Case meetings with the Administration, Psychology and Professionalization area
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Development
- 2-3 years of related work experience
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and process
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive, and encouraging others in their calling and roles.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions and skills.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Fluent in Spanish.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.