Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Location: US Office – Mason, OH
Status: Part time OR Full-Time
Reports to: Marketing Director
Works closely with: Marketing Director, Marketing Team, Ministry Sites, and other departments in the US Office.
Position summary: The Social Media Specialist will play a major role in Back2Back’s social media outreach in order to strengthen Back2Back’s relationships with new and existing partners and advocates. Drive internet traffic, increase brand engagement, and join relevant conversations through content optimization and utilization of major social media channels.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize Back2Back pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the ministry’s social content.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Produce live social media content at events.
- As needed, coordinate, manage, and represent Back2Back at selected events.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels and in alignment with the Marketing Team.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to create a social media calendar, editorial calendars, and syndication of schedules.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Continuously improve by capturing, analyzing, and using information from the appropriate social data, metrics, insights, and best practices.
- Optimize pages within each platform to increase visibility of the ministry’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content online within the moderation policy for the ministry.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage and coordinate actions and initiatives.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of industry standards applicable to social media for non-profit organizations.
- Help develop, coordinate, manage, and promote social media campaigns to increase engagement.
- Research and report on new social media trends and services.
- Provide regular competitive analysis and weekly reporting.
- Find and cultivate traditional and social media contacts who can help spread the word about Back2Back.
- Identify and use shareable content.
- Other marketing activities and participation in large multi-media campaigns may be required.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- 4-year college degree with related major (such as Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, or Public Relations)
- Mature Christian
- Proven experience in working in social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
- Direct experience using social media management tools such as Sprout Social
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications – additional familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media
- Solid understanding of the Internet and social media marketing best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-directed team player who is able to work effectively both in groups and independently
- Write effective social media posts
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Fluency in English – Spanish a plus
Key Performance Metrics
- Increase the number of fans and followers on social media platforms and blogs.
- Increase the number of free members sourced from social media channels.
- Increase the number of comments and shares on social media platform posts.
- Increase search engine rankings in key categories and keywords.
- Increase the number of free members and leads from live events.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.