Position Title: Preschool Teacher (A team of least 2 is encouraged, but not required.)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports to: Preschool Principal
Works closely with: India Director, India Site Staff, other Teachers
Position summary: Utilizing a Reggio Emilia inspired form of instruction, create developmentally appropriate learning opportunities within the classroom to help students expand their academic and social potentials through interaction with subject matter that interests and challenges them in music, drawing, building, engineering, writing, speaking, phonics, and more.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Work alongside a national teacher within the classroom.
- Follow a Reggio Emilia inspired form of instruction.
- Create a needs list for curriculum, school supplies, and resources, and communicate those needs to the Preschool Principal.
- Develop and execute lesson plans that are adaptable to the child’s knowledge and curiosity and are also developmentally stimulating and engaging.
- Observe, record, and incorporate each student’s interests in such a way that develops and grows with the child and with the classroom.
- Work to ensure the school is in good working order and report any issues to the Preschool Principal.
- Ensure the physical security of the Preschool and its resources by ensuring supplies and movable equipment are securely stored and locked at the end of each day and when not in use.
- Apply Trauma Competent Care principles within the classroom.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, primary education, or other applicable field of study
- Trauma Competent Care Training (Back2Back conducted)
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Proven passion and ability to teach play with and guide children
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
- Humble and self-aware
- Team Player
- Strong Organizational Skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.