Position Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Emotional Care, Counseling, and Therapy Manager
Works closely with: Care Coordination Team, Coaching Team, Communities of Belonging
Position summary: This role will develop, recover and/or maintain the daily living of individuals who participate in Back2Back Cincinnati’s communities of belonging while utilizing the 5-Point Child Development Plan and Holistic Care. The Back2Back Cincinnati OT is responsible for empowering clients to participate more fully in the community, at school, Communities of Belonging and within the home.
- Facilitates development and rehabilitation of clients with mental, emotional, and physical delays by planning and administering occupational therapy interventions.
- Address client’s aspects of performance to support engagement in occupations that affect health, well-being and life quality.
- Meets the client’s goals and needs by providing quality care through assessing and interpreting appropriate evaluations to determine occupational therapy treatment plans.
- Promotes maximum independency by selecting and constructing treatment sessions according to the client’s physical capacity, intellectual capacity, their interest to ensure holistic, client-centered care
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy intervention by observing, documenting and evaluating client’s progress along with recommending and implementing modifications as needed.
- Assess the client for adaptations and use of specialized equipment when necessary
- Identifies areas of improvement and helps staff in managing adaptive ways in which services are rendered to the child (i.e. consultative services with staff, push in services within communities of belonging, pull out services for 1-on-1 individualized treatment sessions)
- Guides and educates family members and caregivers on client’s progress and carryover for within the home environment
- Collaborates daily with Back2Back staff while demonstrating professional leadership in practice through advocacy and articulation of OT’s distinct value
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks, reviewing professional publications to ensure use of evidence-based practice.
- Develop a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Required education and experience:
- Board Licensed Occupational Therapist in the state of Ohio (Doctorate of Occupational Therapy)
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Health and promotion maintenance
- Displays flexibility
- Excelled interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.