Position Title: Juvenile Justice Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Coaching Development Manager
Works closely with: ECJI (Empowering Community Justice Initiative)
Position summary: The Juvenile Justice Coordinator will lead the advocacy for and implementation of holistic, trauma competent, relational care for students involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Lead the collaborative relationship with ECJI (Empowering Community Justice Initiative)
- Determine the eligibility requirements for youth involved in the juvenile justice system and oversee the referral process for these youth
- Walk youth involved in the juvenile justice system and their families through the Back2Back Cincinnati intake process
- Build a strategy to help students and families understand and navigate the juvenile justice system
- Develop relationships with the local court system and agencies involved in the juvenile justice system to advocate for holistic, trauma competent care
- Maintain the juvenile justice calendar and all corresponding court dates and visits
- Lead the development of tools and resources that will deepen care for youth in the juvenile justice system
- Help oversee Coaching and Care Coordination for youth in the juvenile justice system
- Develop and maintain the documentation of student engagement with Back2Back Cincinnati and communication with the court
- Maintain a caseload of 10 students, assigning each student to a Back2Back Cincinnati Coach/Care Coordinator or personally managing the case.
- Collaborate with the Family Care Manager to implement an assessment system to identify the best level of care for the individual student
- Collaborate with the Coaching Manager to recommend opportunities for students to connect and grow in communal spaces
- Implement a Trauma Competent strategy for each assigned case.
- Utilize Social Work modalities to help students find their voice, build goals, mobilize their strengths, and overcome obstacles to their sustainability
- Coach caregivers toward healing, connection, and interdependence as a family
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to provide holistic care for youth
- Lead in crisis management, assess safety concerns, and problem solve as needed
- Collaborate with local agencies involved with youth and families and make referrals to additional local agencies as needed
- Connect children and families to resources as needed
- Maintain documentation in the Back2Back Care Database
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and trainings
- Contribute as a part Community Development team and maintain relationships with ministry partners investing in this role.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Develop a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
Required education and experience:
- Experience working with the juvenile legal system
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
- 2 + years of experience working with children and families
- Social Work degree and licensure preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the Back2Back vision and mission
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values and Standards of a Staff Member
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Access to reliable transportation for providing community-based care
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Knowledge of resources available to support youth and families in Cincinnati
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Be teachable
- Demonstration compassion
- Be relational
- Motivate others
- Use active listening
- Be socially perceptive
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.