Position Title: International Summer Intern
Location: Cancún, MX; Mazatlán, MX; Monterrey, MX; Jos, Nigeria
Status: One or two-month summer term, 2023 Availability
Reports to: Site Intern Coordinator
Position summary: Back2Back international summer interns gain practical hands-on ministry and leadership training experience through international service by working alongside Back2Back Staff members and assisting behind-the-scenes to host summer mission trip teams. The program includes staff-led discipleship. Back2Back offers up to three summer term options.
- Supports the needs of Back2Back site staff.
- Assist captains with anything they need while at ministry sites.
- Prepare mission teams for the day (i.e. gather lunches, reminders for what to pack, etc.).
- Prepare for and/or lead projects (i.e. gather supplies, tools, create/implement a plan to lead).
- Prepare for and/or lead play time with the children (i.e. gather supplies, create/implement games/activities/projects).
- Help mission team members engage with projects and play throughout the day.
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive, and encouraging team members and staff.
- Work independently and in groups.
- Analyze, evaluate, and solve problems creatively with limited resources.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff and team members.
- Assist staff with meal preparation, weekly cleaning for teams as needed. * For Haiti and Nigeria – Able to adapt to various jobs and roles that may change throughout the internship (i.e. teaching English/Bible classes, tutoring, administrative tasks, nurture groups etc.)
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Clearly express a calling to serve the orphan and vulnerable child
- Display leadership skills and maturity
- Display a spirit of strong stewardship (time, talent and resources), flexibility, teamwork, and a passion for learning.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resilience by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discernment in decision making.
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Interns may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.
Applications for Summer 2024 will begin in September 2023.
If you’re interested in this role , click the button below: