Position Title: Instructional Designer
Location: US Office – Mason, Ohio (local preferred, remote will also be considered)
Reports to: Back2Back Learn Manager
Works closely with: Back2Back Learn Team, content experts, content owners
Position summary: Design, develop, deliver, and measure the effectiveness of relevant training through the Back2Back Learn system in order to equip the global team to fulfill the mission and vision with excellence.
- Provide learners opportunities to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Create high quality, engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Capture the experience and knowledge of content experts in a transferable medium.
- Identify target audiences’ training needs and develop relevant content.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods to the creation, delivery, and measurement of all content.
- Ensure all content has stated instructional end goals and is designed to meet and measure those specific objectives.
- Decide on the criteria used to measure the learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- After content has been delivered and completed by learners, monitor and measure its application and effectiveness.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to global Back2Back staff and partners, being willing to go the extra mile and work outside normal routines in order to meet needs.
- Act as a project manager as assigned to lead the development of new Back2Back Learn content. This may include but is not limited to filtering proposals and outlines, collaborating with Content Owners and Content Experts, facilitating the filming of content, facilitating translation, creating White Papers and quizzes, and compiling and publishing final course materials.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Participate actively in Employee Relations Team meetings, team tasks, activities, and events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- 4-year college degree minimum; degree in instructional design or educational technology or related field preferred.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Operate with proficiency in Articulate Rise and the Brainier Learning Management System.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Collaborate highly with others to solve both technical and conceptual challenges.
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and processes.
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive, and encouraging others in their calling and roles.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resilience by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Handle conflict in an honorable and truthful manner.
- Maintain confidentiality.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.