Position Title: Education Program Assistant
Location: Jos, Nigeria
Reports to: Nigeria Education Program Manager
Works closely with: Nigeria Partner Homes, Hope Houses and Education Center
Position summary: Assists the Education Program Manager in the designing and implementation of education programs across the Back2Back Nigeria site with a focus on standardized test preparation methods, academic support and assessing staff needs for training opportunities.
- Ensure that education programs are implemented in accordance to established work plans across sites.
- Ensure concerned stakeholders and partners, at all levels are kept informed and involved of all education programs across the Back2Back Nigeria site.
- Ensure active involvement and participation of all partners and stakeholders, including the children, in the process of tracking academic progress.
- Ensure monitoring reports are prepared and submitted to the Education Program Manager on time.
- Assist tutors across sites with students who have special needs.
- Work with the Education Program Manager to develop an alternative education model for children with special needs.
- Assist in the training of education staff.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education
- At least 5 years of work experience, preferably with tutoring or teaching experience
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Utilize Back2Back Trauma Competent Care principles
- Compassionate, caring and sensitive to the needs of the child
- Work independently at a high level of professionalism
- Provide timely reports and appropriately handle time-sensitive information
- Develop innovative and creative ideas to support the 5 Point Child Development Plan
- Manage sensitive and confidential information
- Develop and deepen partnerships with local education institutions
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.