Position Title: Development Officer
Reports to: Development Director
Works closely with: Child Sponsorship, Development, Employee Relations, Finance, Marketing, Missions, Ministry Partners/constituents, and Site Staff.
Position summary: Responsible for growing the resources to accomplish the mission and vision of Back2Back.
- Identifies, cultivates, invites, and stewards constituents with an emphasis on sustainable program revenue for the Back2Back Ministries.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Responsible for annual fundraising actions/behaviors that lead to meeting goals.
- Identify potential constituents:
- Identify how to grow constituents.
- Identify potential planned giving prospects among constituents.
- Invite constituents to expand their impact by connecting Back2Back with their network.
- Updates records in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) following contacts.
- Cultivate relationships:
- Articulate the mission and goals of Back2Back.
- Develop an assigned portfolio of relationships with the intent to form mutually beneficial relationships.
- Develop constituent’s plans for the entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable, and planned invitations.
- Ask open-ended questions, listen for key information, grasp time management, respect the constituents’ time, speak clearly and comfortably on the phone, and leave great messages.
- Ensure notes of impact are communicated to constituents through their method of preference. (IE: In-person, phone, text, email, written note.)
- Invite to financially give:
- Listen to constituents’ needs and align Back2Back Programs to their interests.
- Be able to translate a constituent’s generosity goal into an unrestricted gift and/or meet the needs of budgeted items.
- Be an advisor for constituents to meet their generosity goals.
- Personal invite assigned constituents through face-to-face visits.
- Asks for support from organizations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Communicate planned giving/legacy giving opportunities for constituents to make a lifetime gift.
- Steward the relationship and donation:
- Thank each constituent for the appropriate timing and method.
- Share the impact Back2Back programs are having on the lives of orphans and vulnerable children around the world and how a constituent’s generosity is making a difference.
- Ensure constituents are retained and grown in their giving and involvement, helping them to fulfill their passions and interests for kingdom building, enabling the ministry to accomplish its mission and vision.
- Participate in Integrated Planning meetings with knowledge of the makeup of mission teams, identifying unique gifts, needs, challenges, and or hopes of each team.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and partners within development staff to create customized strategies matching the objectives of the organization and the interests of the constituents.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or life experience equivalent
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications and CRM.
- Demonstrate strong relational and interpersonal skills being collaborative and team-oriented.
- Constant learner, flexible and teachable; adaptable to change.
- Able to receive/give feedback from/to all team members and levels of the organization.
- Handle conflict in an honorable and truthful manner.
- Well-organized with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences, being sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Maintain Confidentiality
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.