Position Title: Care Coordinator
Location: Mazatlan, Mexico
Reports to: Care Coordinator Manager
Works closely with: Parents/Children in Strong Families and Foster Care, Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
Position summary: To offer holistic, trauma competent, relational care for families to keep families united and growing together toward dependence on Jesus, interdependence in community, and economic independence and sustainability.
- Maintain caseload of approximately 10 families.
- Walk families through the intake process as the IDT implements an assessment system to address current opportunities and barriers in the home.
- Individualize and deepen care for children in the home by helping create and maintain Child Development Plans and Family Development Plans.
- Working through relationship, help families find their voice, build goals, mobilize their strengths, and overcome obstacles to their sustainability.
- Maintain close contact with families and build trust as the primary point of contact the family has with Back2Back.
- Coach caregivers toward healing, connection, and interdependence as a family.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to provide holistic care for Children, Youth, and families.
- Assist with crisis management, assess safety concerns, and problem solve as needed.
- Connect children and families to resources as needed.
- Maintain documentation in the Back2Back Care Database.
- Weekly team meetings and 1:1 meetings with manager.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Social Work helpful but not required)
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
- Experience working with children and families
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Be teachable
- Be relational
- Be socially perceptive
- Strong teamwork skills
- Competent in Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Fluency in Spanish or a plan to achieve fluency as soon as possible
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.