Position Title: Advancement Administrative Specialist/Coordinator
Location: US Corporate Office – Mason, Ohio
Reports to: Director of Advancement and Marketing Director
Works closely with: Development and Marketing Teams
Position summary: Provide comprehensive support to the Advancement Leadership team by completing administrative tasks, developing and maintaining processes, and managing workflow to facilitate the Directors ability to lead effectively. This dynamic position requires a detail oriented individual who is able to anticipate needs, think critically, multitask and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Administratively support the vision, growth and function of the Advancement department through routine clerical and administrative functions. Drafting and sending written and electronic correspondence, maintaining and submitting expense reports, scheduling travel, maintaining all logistics, organizing and maintaining supplies and providing information to fellow staff members and donors.
- Process data and record transactions; updating various department databases and spreadsheets, assisting with audits or fact-checking, preparing reports and analyzing and summarizing departmental data.
- Manage team schedule by prioritizing inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Arrange and handle all logistics for team meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the Advancement Leadership Team.
- Maintain a task management system that provides project visibility within the organization, while also serving the varying members of the team well.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- College Graduate or job-related experience
- Mature Christian
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to proof.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, donors, and partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and processes.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resilience by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.