Position Title: Accounts Payable – Bookkeeper
Location: Mason, Ohio
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Director
Works closely with: Finance Associates, Donor Relations Coordinator, Mission Trip Team, and other Back2Back Staff
Position summary: The Accounts Payable / Bookkeeper plays an important role in serving the ministry through a variety of bookkeeping and financial processes. In addition to payables and journal entries, the right candidate will have the opportunity to learn other skills through cross training within the department.
- Enters all invoices and reimbursements.
- Journal Entries for deposits.
- Processes Payroll Information
- Inputs Payroll Journal Entries.
- Initiates Transfer Request through Bank.
- Runs Checks.
- Prepares Invoices and Reimbursements.
- Assists with monthly closes.
- Enters all invoices and reimbursement
- Analyzes and reviews accounts at month end.
- Processes Benefits information.
- Supplemental Data Entry
Required education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Accounting Software
- Experience with Payroll Processing Company preferred but not required
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly reliable/dependable (daily attendance, responsibilities, projects and initiatives).
- Problem Solver.
- Strong organization skills.
- NetSuite (or other Accounting Software) experience preferred.
- Efficient with time/resources available.
- Strong personal integrity.
- Respects confidentialities.
- Multi-tasking/adjusting priorities as needed.
- Capable and thorough researcher.
- Team player.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.