Position Title: Marketing Director
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Works closely with: Internally with the Marketing Team, Site Directors, Leadership Team, corporate department leaders, and volunteers. Externally with service providers, advocates, and partners.
Position summary: Responsible for the planning, developing and implementing of all marketing/communication strategies and public relations activities for Back2Back.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the image, brand and position of Back2Back.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Back2Back publications and electronic media.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement activities and events throughout the year, as well as provide necessary marketing pieces and PR.
- Develop guidelines to ensure consistent representation of the Back2Back brand and image.
- Provide marketing, communications and public relations support to international Back2Back sites.
- Regularly conduct relevant market research and monitor trends that can enhance the impact of the ministry.
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations team, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from Back2Back key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and Back2Back’s relevance.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout Back2Back.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent life experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Quick, energetic, flexible, responsive, strong sense of urgency.
- A team builder and player; strong leadership and management skills and the ability to collaborate in a demanding environment.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrate strong relational and interpersonal skills.
- Constant learner, flexible and teachable; adaptable to change.
- Able to receive/give feedback from/to all team members and levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional out-of-town and international travel.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.