Position Title: Back2Back Cincinnati Intern
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Status: Hours as defined in the offer
Reports to: Back2Back Cincinnati Director
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati staff
Position summary: Gain practical hands-on ministry experience working alongside Back2Back staff members to provide orphaned and vulnerable children with holistic care.
- Support the roles of Back2Back Cincinnati staff.
- Assist staff with programming needs.
- Prepare for and/or lead projects as assigned (for example: gather supplies and tools, create and implement a plan to lead activities, games, etc.)
- Prepare for and/or lead play and activities with children.
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive and encouraging team members and staff.
- Participate in Trauma Informed Care Training.
- Journal experiences weekly.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position. (support raised positions only)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience
- High school graduate
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith and Cultural Values.
- Clearly express a calling to serve the orphan and vulnerable child.
- Work independently and in groups as a team player.
- Analyze, evaluate, and solve problems creatively with limited resources.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff and team members
- Display leadership skills and maturity.
- Display stewardship (time, talent and resources).
- Demonstrate a passion for learning.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resilience by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discernment in decision making.
- Handle conflict in an honorable and truthful manner.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Interns may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.