Position Title: Back2Back Cincinnati Summer Intern
Location: Cincinnati, OHio
Status: Hours as defined in the offer
Reports to: Back2Back Cincinnati Team
Position summary: Gain practical hands-on ministry experience working alongside Back2Back staff members to provide orphaned and vulnerable children with holistic care.
- Back2Back Cincinnati Youth Development responsibilities
- Develop 2-3 “play with a purpose” activities for BLOC after school.
- Participate in day trips to BLOC (weekly).
- Serve as BLOC leader on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.
- Partner with the BLOC leadership team and implement a 3-4 week discipleship group discussion.
- Back2Back Cincinnati Admin responsibilities
- Participate in the Trauma Informed Care training.
- Journal your experiences weekly.
- Participate in Life in the Zone training.
- Offer support to the Back2Back Cincinnati Director.
Required education and experience:
- Completed or working toward high school diploma.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Clearly express a calling to serve the orphan and vulnerable child
- Display leadership skills and maturity
- Display a spirit of strong stewardship (time, talent and resources), flexibility, teamwork, and a passion for learning.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resilience by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and discernment in decision making.
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Interns may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.