Position Title: Child Sponsorship Coordinator
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: India Site Staff, US Child Sponsorship Team, Site Child Sponsorship Coordinators
Position summary: Ensuring the Child Sponsorship Program is fully functioning in-country. Delegates tasks and makes sure all tasks are completed. Help assess weak areas and assists in completing.
- Once per month, get updated rosters from homes/captains and check for kids who have left or are new to the home/community.
- Update Child Sponsorship Program (CSP) Manager of these changes
- Get photos of new children for photo cards
- Keep photo boards updated (where applicable) on which children are
- sponsored and which need a sponsor.
- Every month, help Captains with getting gifts for kids at the homes/communities.
- Check Sponsorship Gifts spreadsheet for what money has come in, work with Director’s get these for the children.
- Find out what kids would like, or experiences to take kids on.
- Take photos of gifts and/or experiences and email the photos to the sponsor.
- Blind copy (Bcc) CSP Manager on these emails, and/or email the photos to CSP Manager to send to sponsors.
- Update Gifts Spreadsheet with which sponsors have received “thank you” email and photo.
- Talk with groups about CSP. Help connect trip participants with unsponsored children.
- Give trip participants an opportunity to sign-up to sponsor while they are there (this is to be done with a laptop computer through the Back2Back website).
- Four times per year, get letters from children to sponsors (at every home sponsorship is provided at).
- Assist with lining up volunteers to provide any help to children so they can understand their sponsors’ letters.
- Take letters to children and help them write response letters.
- Coordinate volunteers to help with these tasks
- Keep time management in mind for this. From the time letters arrive to the time they are sent back, it should be no longer than 4 weeks.
- Contact sponsors when major life occurrences happen in the lives of children.
- Assist Captains with getting photos needed for bi-annual updates.
- Introduce creative ways for the child and their sponsors to share their lives with one another in relationship-appropriate ways (e.g., video calls/messages, etc.)
- Be the voice for Child Sponsorship in-country. Ensure staff understand the importance of the program and are aware of upcoming needs.
- Understands how to use the Child Database to track sponsors and children.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- University degree
- Mature Christian
- Passionate about Child Sponsorship and the benefits of the program
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office, Google applications and the Care Database
- Highly organized
- Clear understanding of Back2Back DNA
- Clear understanding of the Child Sponsorship Program
- Strong communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and knowledgeable
- Good people skills
- Strong time management skills– stays on schedule and on task
- Coordinates staff and volunteers well
- Effective at recruiting volunteers
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.