Position Title: Sierra Madre Christian Academy (SMCA) Teacher
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Reports to: Sierra Madre Christian Academy Principal
Works closely with: Monterrey Site Staff and families
Position summary: Responsible for the education and formation of staff children at the Monterrey ministry site.
- Set up of classroom in an age-appropriate fashion and as needed
- Creates a needs list for curriculum, school supplies, and school resources and communicates these needs with the SMCA Principal
- Creates lesson plans in agreement within the time frame established by the SMCA Principal
- Executes these lesson plans in an effective way with the students in their care.
- Adjusts style of teaching based on the needs of the children.
- Assigns age-appropriate homework to children.
- Works to ensure the school is in good working order and reports any issues to the SMCA Principal
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure the school stays clean and organized.
- Ensures the physical security of the school and school resources by ensuring things are put away and locked at the end of each day when not in use.
- Meets with the parents of children as directed by the SMCA Principal
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, education preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Proven ability to teach children
- Organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.