Position Title: Site Staff
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Site Team
Position summary: Works with site director and team to fulfill the vision and mission of Back2Back at an international site by providing holistic care for orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Building ministry partner relationships
- Develop and sustain “partnership” relationship with children, families and communities at the international site location
- Spend regular time interacting with children and families to build a foundation for ministry
- Identify needs of ministry partners and bridge needs with donor resources
- Assist with on-going maintenance needs in the homes and communities where we serve
- Correspond with donors i.e. thank you’s, updates, and general communication
- Collaborate with US Office team
- Assist captains and coordinators as needed or requested
- Mission Team Support
- Receive and host missions teams
- Coordinate details for scheduling
- Facilitate evening debriefing
- Plan work projects (both ongoing and/or with upcoming teams)
- Supervise and/or run work projects with visiting missions teams
- Arrange and assist with transportation of visitors to and from airport
- Facilitate day-trips as needed/requested
- Collaborate with food coordinator to plan for and help prep meals for teams
- Purchase food, materials and supplies as needed/requested
- Research, set-up, and pay for field trips.
- Develop Local Partnerships
- Raise awareness of Back2Back and local needs through meeting with local businesses, churches, hotels, etc.
- Work with local organizations to facilitate donations for Ministry Partners
- Work with Back2Back volunteers
- Steward all Back2Back resources (facility, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.)
- Assist with interviewing, selecting, training and overseeing of interns and summer staff.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
**Not all Back2Back staff will be required to do all of the above, but to at least learn and be able to do everything listed.
Required education and experience:
- University Degree
- Mission Field Experience Preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to manage people through practices such as delegation and clear communication of expectations
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Language ability (English and Spanish or Creole)
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong Leadership
- Management Experience
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Ability to be responsible for a team, children and or supporting staff
- Effective time management
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work on a team as a leader and/or a support staff
- Ability to manually life up to 35 pounds as needed to assist with projects and various tasks
- Relocate to international site for agreed upon timeframe
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.