Position Title: Psychologist
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Haiti Site Team and Haiti Partner Homes
Position summary: Each of the functions, are according to the needs that demand of the program, resulting in an impact on the child. It also allows the work to be measurable and verifiable fulfilling this with State, national and international legal framework.
- Perform psychological assessment for each youth
- Physiological evaluations for each of the families of the children from the time of admission, during and upon graduation.
- Check the internal regulations and the process of suited behavior in programs.
- Propose and develop programs for the Hope Program student and their family.
- Prepare and train the tutors to give them skills in the performance of the child’s functions.
- Hold interviews and an application of psychological tests for the children to identify possible mistreatment or abuse.
- Evaluate the possible reintegration of the children to their biological family at the time of discharge.
- Develop and integrate a psychological dossier for each Hope Program student in chronological order according to the advance and intervention of each student.
- Investigate and propose intervention techniques to the children to achieve their emotional development.
- Develop a monthly working agenda and carry it out with each child we work with.
- Attend the recommendation and development strategies for work collaboratively with the government.
- Prepare a monthly report of the progress made for the Site Director.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Master of Psychology preferred
- License to practice as a psychologist
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Emotional Stability
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations
- Open minded
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.