Position Title: Psychologist
Location: Dominican Republic
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Dominican Republic Staff Team and Partner Organizations
Position summary: Utilize best practices in psychology to provide depth of care to orphaned and vulnerable children that meet emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Perform psychological assessments of children in partner homes through individual and group consultations.
- Propose and develop programs to assist in spiritual and emotional growth.
- Prepare and train caregivers in ways to interact with children using Trauma Competent Care.
- Assess the connection between caregivers and children in their care and providing support as needed.
- Evaluate and assist in the family reunification process.
- Meet regularly with Back2Back staff to discuss recent developments in child assessments.
- Provide counseling sessions individually and in groups as needed.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in psychology.
- Three years minimum clinical experience preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with children or families.
- Must be able to speak and communicate fluently in Spanish.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.