Position Title: Haitian Bay Christian Academy Teacher
Reports to: Haitian Bay Christian Academy Principal
Works closely with: Haiti Site Team
Position summary: This teaching position is expected to lead a multi-age classroom of staff children, teaching and guiding them through the academic requirements as outlined in the provided standards and curriculum.
- Teach and instruct a multi-age classroom
- Follow a designated curriculum.
- Implement additional material to support curriculum objectives
- Record assessment data to measure student progress and communicates with parents
- Build positive learning environment
- Plans for instructional units with measurable outcomes per grade level
- Each teacher is required to submit lesson plans, records and report cards for each student. These reports should include:
- Subject grades for each discipline being studied with description of curriculum and work accomplishment
- Samples of schoolwork
- Follow the same calendar as students, starting approximately September 1- May 30.
- Vacation/holidays follow the school calendar and vacation can only be taken on regularly scheduled holidays.
- All school days are required workdays and may not be used for travel, vacation or support development.
- Each teacher is allotted 3 sick days.
- Haitian Bay Christian Academy school day begins at 830am and runs until 3:00pm, plus necessary prep and grading.
- Teacher will help plan and facilitate Field Trips, paid for by the Haitian Bay Christian Academy account; however these purchases may only be made upon request.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education is preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Works well with children
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective classroom management
- Project management abilities
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work on a team as either a leader or support staff
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrate compassion
- Motivates others
- Listens actively
- Socially perceptive.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.