In our efforts to keep families of Back2Back trip members updated, we wanted to provide the latest information on the storm that is working its way toward Monterrey, Mexico.
- First, it is important to note that all of our families and teams are safe, and there is no reason to believe we will be in any danger. We may get a little wet, but between the weather forecast and our specific location in the mountains, we are not concerned. Still, we are taking some precautions to prepare.
- The blog and website are the best way to get the most current information. I will be communicating with the home office to update the Back2Back website and blog if there are any changes here in Monterrey. We will update it when and if there are any changes. We are in constant communication with our US office team.
- Each trip coordinator will be contacting their home church to also give an update on the situation.
The current situation, as we understand it:
1. The storm crossed over Monterrey starting on Wednesday, June 30 at 11pm.
2. The forecast predicts the high winds will only be 23 mph.
3. The teams are very safe here at our facility.
4. The Back2Back campus has three generators (in case the power goes out) to ensure the electric pump works, providing us access to water and electricity for our kitchen.
5. We are checking the airline schedules regularly. If there are any cancellations, we will work to assist with rescheduling the mission trip guests as quickly as possible. It will be helpful for us, if you contact the airlines directly to check on any family member’s flight status.
6. The ministry sites we work with are also preparing with extra water and resources. In the squatters villages, specifically, we are providing resources to help with relief from water damage. We are providing extra water, tarps, and flashlights.
Please pray for the details that may need to come together as a result of the rains and flight delays.