Position Title: STINT Staff (A team of least 2 is encouraged, but not required.)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Site Staff Team
Position summary: STINT is short for “short term international.” Each STINTer must make a 12-18 month commitment to serve with Back2Back. The STINT role is a support-staff position.
- Assist with teaching social-emotional skills (Overcoming Obstacles curriculum)
- Assist with teaching computer skills
- Assist with helping develop English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Work with the CSP Coordinator at the site to maintain the Back2Back Child Sponsorship Program
- Help write thank you notes to sponsors
- Proof read children’s letters back to sponsors
- Mission team support
- Setup/breakdown of the Mission team house
- Daily group preparation setup (breakfast check, on call, mid-week clean up, cameras)
- Airport runs for pick-up/drop-off of team members
- Accommodating special needs of team members (i.e. allergies)
- Scheduling and logistical support (breakfast, shopping, field trip set up, craft/donation distribution)
- Dorm checks to ensure supplies are restocked (soap dispensers, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Help the US Office gather stories and pictures from campus and the school
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- College Degree
- Mission Field experience preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Willingness to invest time and energy into learning the language of India.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.