Position Title: Social Worker
Location: Cancún, Mexico
Reports to: Cancun Site Director and Senior Social Worker
Works closely with: Cancun Site Staff Team
Position summary: Connect families, children and Back2Back staff with resources to help them understand ways they can grow and develop spiritually, physically, educationally, emotionally and socially.
- Work with Ministry Partners
- Partner with captains to get to know and assist children and families
- Visit each ministry partner 1 time every 2 weeks
- Create life stories for children and families
- Oversee behavioral contracts with families and children
- Help set goals with children and families annually
- In partnership with the captains and monitor goal completion
- Submit progress reports
- Aid with emergencies and problem solving with children and families
- Attend staff meetings and training workshops
- Help to plan monthly parenting trainings with ministry partners
- Have a clear understanding of legal issues- judicial, DIF, etc.
- Create and teach classes on emotions/skills/values for children and adults
- Maintain binders and online records of all children and families
- Connect children and families with resources, services, and opportunities
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Keep track of Back2Back supplies
- Follow financial procedures
- Care for the physical facilities and equipment at the community center
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Field Experience
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Bilingual- Spanish and English
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Mature Christian
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Active listener
- Critical thinking & problem solvig skills
- Heart for working with marginalized children and families
- Experience working with children or families
- Letters of recommendation from a pastor or other Christian associate, and one professional recommendation
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Mature Christian
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.