Position Title: Program Teacher
Location: Cancún, Mexico
Reports to: Community Center of Tres Reyes Program Manager
Works closely with: Cancun Site Staff Team
Position summary: The Community Center of Tres Reyes Program Teacher works with the Program Manager to fulfill the mission of Back2Back in Cancun, through the planning and delivery of program activities at the Community Center of Tres Reyes. Responsibilities include creating and facilitating successful, engaging lessons that allow students to improve their skills and understanding of Math, Spanish, Reading and Writing. Also to provide exciting opportunities that promote the growth of the child and the expansion of their knowledge of the word and to assist them with the completion of homework as well as providing academic enrichment, and encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Program Planning and Implementation
- Plan and implement programs for the Community Center of Tres Reyes in accordance with the overall mission and goals of Back2Back, the needs of the community and the 5-Point Child Development Plan.
- Work with the Program Manager to plan and implement new programming that supports the changing needs of the community.
- Track and analyze the progress of challengers of each child in your assigned classroom and provide progress that reports according to the outlined schedule.
- Seek and accept regular feedback on lesson plans, classroom management and progress reports.
- Assist the Program Manager in collecting information on children and families involved in the Program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and families in the Tres Reyes community by way of the community center
- Recognize and report problematic behaviors, signs of abuse (emotion, sexual, physical) and inappropriate expression of emotions to the Program Manager immediately following any incident.
- Work with the Program Manager to identify program opportunities based on community needs.
- Help identify the changing needs of individual children and families, and adjust program implementation accordingly.
- Work with the Program Manager to develop programs and activities that engage visiting teams at the Community Center and in Tres Reyes
- Steward all Back2Back resources (facilities, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.)
- Keep track of Back2Back supplies
- Follow all financial procedures (facturas, receipts, etc.)
- Care for the physical facilities and equipment of the Community Center
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education is preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Ability to build relationships
- High energy
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish, bilingual preferred- English and Spanish
- Experience planning lessons and teaching children
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.