Position Title: Payroll and Benefits Manager
Location: Mason, Ohio
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Director
Works closely with: Finance Associates, Donor Relations Coordinator, Mission Trip Team, and other Back2Back Staff
Position summary: Support the ministry as a critical part of the finance team through the oversight and timely execution of payroll, benefits, and payables.
- Oversee payroll, benefits, and HR Systems and process. This includes onboarding new paid staff, ensuring benefit enrollments are processed and accurate, processing payroll, and employee file management.
- Manage payables including processing vendor payments, expense reimbursements, corporate credit card payments, grant transfers and vendor 1099 processing. This includes checks, ACH, EFT and wire transfers.
- Process Journal Entries for payroll and benefits.
- Perform monthly reconciliations as directed by the Finance & Human Resource Director.
- Assist with special projects such as month end and year-end closes.
- Assist with making recommendations for Payroll, Benefits and HR systems and process upgrades
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Finance & Human Resource Director.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
Required education and experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or equivalent life experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive payroll, benefits, & compliance experience.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly reliable/dependable (daily attendance, responsibilities, projects and initiatives).
- Problem Solver.
- Strong organization skills.
- NetSuite (or other Accounting Software) experience preferred.
- ADP or other payroll processing service experience.
- Efficient with time/resources available.
- Strong personal integrity.
- Respects confidentialities.
- Multi-tasking/adjusting priorities as needed.
- Capable and thorough researcher.
- Team player.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.