THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FLUENT IN SPANISH
Position Title: Director of Doce Piedras (12 Stones)
Location: Mazatlan, Mexico
Reports to: Mazatlan Site Director
Works closely with: Doce Piedras Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), Programs Developer and Doce Piedras staff
Position summary: Commits to directing the Doce Piedras Center in a manner that reflects Jesus Christ and coincides with principles of Back2Back’s DNA, developing staff and programs to carry out Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Ensure that the culture of Doce Piedras remains Gospel-centered
- Filter each idea to see if it aligns with and promotes the Gospel
- Constantly speak of the Gospel in everyday interactions
- Keep employees and programs focused and unified around Back2Back’s mission and vision
- Communicate both the goals for the future and the ways in which they will be achieved
- Represent Doce Piedras in external communication with donors, partners, and other organizations
- Be the spokesperson, making connections and promoting Doce Piedras Center
- Advocate for clients’ needs
- Create and maintain relationships with donors to raise funds
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Seek donors and create new relationships
- Maintain relationships through stories, photos, and constant communication
- Create innovative strategies to promote and encourage donors
- Receive visiting donor groups, both local and international
- Recruit and lead Doce Piedras staff
- Seek, interview, and hire new employees following the hiring process
- Intentionally mentor other employees in order to develop them and reproduce him or herself, especially among leadership within Doce Piedras
- Mediate in conflicts and work with the team to maintain the unity and organizational health
- Encourage and equip employees to perform their roles with excellence
- Facilitate the decision-making process of the interdisciplinary team as necessary
- Maintain connection and knowledge of the client development process
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team when there is disagreement or lack of direction in order to make difficult decisions wisely
- Ensure that the Doce Piedras Center plays its role in achieving the general goals of the Back2Back Mazatlán site
- Know the big picture of all the site’s programs and maintain communication with the leaders of each program
- Manage the strategic plan of each year
- Establish the plan with each department in the annual meetings
- Adjust the plan as necessary according to the needs of the clients
- Create and adjust a budget, taking into account not only current needs and resources but also the plan for future sources of funds and anticipated needs
- Collaborate with the leadership team of Doce Piedras to create and update policies, processes, organization chart, and overall structure in a way that works well within the site
- Participate in other responsibilities as a Back2Back team member
- Assist as needed with special organization events, mission groups , and interns
- Educate, influence, and reinforce biblical principles, as outlined in the Back2Back Statement of Faith
Required education and experience:
- Graduate of 4-year university
- Experience related to children and adolescents at risk
- Leadership experience
- Fluency in Spanish or a plan to achieve fluency as soon as possible
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Demonstrate character and integrity above reproach in all areas of conduct and life, including the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excel in humility, passion for work, and empathy.
- Behave ethically in a way that matches the standards and values of the organization.
- Maintain positive working relationships, inside and outside of B2B.
- Communicate clearly in a timely manner.
- Mentor coworkers to help them grow and thrive.
- Create new and unique ways to improve the organization’s operations and to create new opportunities.
- Create detailed plans that outline each step toward achieving overall long-term goals.
- Understand and respond to the needs of those we serve.
- Maintain relationships with people of all ages, religions, cultural backgrounds, and educational and socioeconomic levels.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Influence others positively to achieve the best results.
- Evaluate situations to make clear, wise, and timely decisions.
- Strategically set goals, create action plans, and implement feedback systems to ensure maximum progress.
- Identify problems and their causes, and generate strategic solutions to solve them.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.