Position Title: Community Development Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Site Operations Director
Works closely with: Juvenile Justice Manager, Youth Development Manager, Care Coordination Team, Coaching Team
Position summary: Develop and lead strategies for Back2Back Cincinnati staff concerning principles and best practices for community development and self care while extending our investment into neighborhood based community development strategies.
- This role focuses on two key areas of community development in the neighborhoods we serve and as Back2Back Cincinnati Staff.
- Empower the Back2Back Cincinnati team by creating a rhythm of self-care strategies that is in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan for staff care.
- Collaborate and plan Quarterly Staff Refuels with the Back2Back Site Director and Site Operations Manager and Site LT
- Develop community relationships in neighborhoods that center on community development and family care.
- Develop a strategy to empower volunteers and mission trip guests to effectively serve in Cincinnati.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, spiritual leaders, and others to determine effective action plans in the neighborhoods where we serve.
- Study and understand partner organizations, neighborhood mapping, and community development strategies.
- Manage a flexible schedule to meet the schedule needs of staff and ministry partners.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Oversee Community Development Coordinator
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s 4 year degree or higher, preferably in Human Development and Community Engagement or Communication
- Experience working with children, families, and schools
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Access transportation to enable regular in-home visits
- Be teachable
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrate compassion
- Be relational
- Motivate others
- Use active listening
- Be socially perceptive
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.