Position Title: Community Development Coordinator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Reports to: Community Development Manager
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Director, Site Operations Manager, Property and Projects Coordinator, Back2Back Corporate Advancement Team
Position summary: Grow and support the community development relationships and resources including: grant writing, volunteer retention, volunteer application process, and community development team. This role strengthens the organization in continuous improvement to meet the identified needs of children, youth, and adults that the ministry serves in Cincinnati.
- Assist community relationships in neighborhoods that center on community development and family care by collaborating with teachers, counselors, spiritual leaders and others.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events
- Formulate and maintain Cincinnati partnerships and relationships
- Oversee and develop a grant based program at the site
- Develop a strategy to empower volunteers and mission trip guests to effectively serve in Cincinnati.
- Communicate and strategize with groups interested in work projects and volunteer opportunities with Back2Back Cincinnati
- Oversee and implement training for volunteers and partnerships
- Create and coordinate courses to be added to Back2Back Learn, as needed
- Lead and participates in Communities of Belonging as assigned
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s 4 year degree, preferably Human Development and Community Engagement or Communication
- Experience working with children and families
- Experience with grant writing
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Ability to manage projects
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work on a team as a leader or support staff
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.