Position Title: Coaching Coordinator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Status: Need 2 Full-Time and 1 Part-Time
Reports to: Coaching Development Manager
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Team
Position summary: Develop and implement principles and best practices of coaching vulnerable youth and children. Train mentors and volunteers in these principles and best practices while developing coaching acumen and relational sustainability.
- Work cohesively with Back2Back Cincinnati Care Coordinators as a part of each student’s interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in and co-lead the coaching pod as assigned by POD leader.
- Collaborate with the Back2Back Cincinnati Coaching team.
- Oversee weekly coaching strategies, meetings, and interactions.
- Implement the Back2Back Cincinnati Coaching model.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, spiritual leaders and others to determine action plans and review goal progress.
- Coaches 3-5 youth.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
- Experience working with children, families and schools
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to the Back2Back vision and mission
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values and Standards of a Staff Member
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications
- Access transportation to enable regular in-home visits
- Be teachable
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrate compassion
- Be relational
- Motivate others
- Use active listening
- Be socially perceptive
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.