Position Title: Ministry Area Captain
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Site Staff, Mission Team guests
Position summary: Coordinator of the mission teams, construction, and development of children in the children’s homes Back2Back serves.
- Plan and administrate construction projects for captain area (with teams, and with out teams).
- Facilitate projects with mission teams and national volunteers (project management).
- Work with national organizations to facilitate donations and captain area needs.
- Develop and sustain “partnership” relationship with captain area director.
- Bridge needs with donor resources.
- Correspond with donors i.e. thank you’s, updates, and general communication. This is necessary to collaborate with the U.S. office team.
- Coordinate and facilitate captain area director training (Child Social Services, Round Table, Planning, Financial Administration, Development).
- Coordinate and administrate with captain area director and B2B site director(s) annual strategic work plan for captain area. Including: construction development, and child development plan, and organizational/operational (NGO) development: (physical, emotional/psychological, educational, social, and spiritual).
- Collaborates with other staff and supports other ministry areas (staff meetings, captain meetings, co-captain, team support, child development).
- Stewardship of B2B resources (facility, tools, financial resources, vehicles, etc.)
- Majority time spent at captain area facility (goal: relationship with children, staff, and director; project and child development)
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Mature Christian
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Management Experience
- Mission Field Experience Preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Clear understanding of the vision and mission of B2B.
- Adhere to and share Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Gmail, google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and processes.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Prioritize and develop relationships by showing compassion, using active listening skills, being socially perceptive, and encouraging others in their calling and roles.
- Understand and be sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions and skills.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage projects “project management”
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Language ability (English and Sites regional and/or national language)
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative).
- Ability to be responsible for a team, children, and or supporting staff.
- Ability to work on a team as a leader and or a support staff.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.