Position Title: Pacific Coast Christian Academy Teacher
Location: Mazatlán, Mexico
Reports to: Pacific Coast Christian Academy Principal
Works closely with: Mazatlán Site Team
Position summary: This teaching position is expected to lead a multi-age classroom of staff children, teaching and guiding them through the academic requirements as outlined in the provided curriculum.
- Teach multiple grade levels
- Follows designated curriculum
- Implements additional material to support curriculum objectives.
- Records regularly reported grades and parent conferences.
- Maintains classroom management.
- Plans for quarterly instructional units with measure able outcomes per grade level
- Submit daily lesson plans, as well as cumulative reports for each student
- Submit cumulative reports for each student- quarterly report cards. Reports should include:
- Subject grade for each discipline being studied
- A description of curriculum and work accomplishments
- Samples of school work- portfolios.
- Teacher records/lesson planning, which should include:
- Daily lesson plans covering each subject
- Chapters and lessons
- Scope and sequence tracking for continuity between grade levels
- Texts used and covered during the year.
- Follow the same calendar as the students, determined by the Pacific Coast Christian Academy Principal
- Vacation/holidays follow the school calendar, and vacation can only be taken on regularly scheduled holidays.
- Work during all school days, which are required work days.
- School days may not be used for travel, vacation or ministry partner development
- Allotted 3 sick days
- The Pacific Coast Christian Academy school days begins at 8:00am and finished at 3:00pm, with a one hour break from 12:00pm-1:00pm, plus necessary prep and grading.
- Field trips will be taken monthly, and paid for by the PCCCA account.
- Teacher expenses/materials are paid for y the PCCA account; however, these purchases may only be made upon request.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Education degree preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Work well with children
- Effective organizational Skills
- Classroom management
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.