Position Title: STINT
Reports to: Site Director
Works closely with: Site Staff Team
Position summary: STINT is short for “short term international trip.” Each STINTER must make a 12-18 month commitment to serve with Back2Back. The STINT role is a support-staff position.
- Build relationships with US teams, Hope Program Students, and ministry site children
- Project administration, which could include behind the scenes projects at the Back2Back campus or working directly with short-term mission groups on their work projects
- Discipleship with US interns and with the Back2Back Hope program students, for those with language fluency, where applicable.
- Driving and vehicle use will be required for all STINTers
- Having a personal vehicle is required at some ministry sites
- When teams are not present at the ministry site, the STINT role will include preparation for future mission teams, and support to the full-time ministry
- Work with the US Office to maintain the Back2Back Child Sponsorship Program
- Ensuring sponsorship letters are delivered to the child
- Ensure that quarterly child update letters are completed and delivered to the US Office to be distributed to sponsors in a timely manner
- Run the Child Sponsorship table during market night
- Update Child Sponsorship photos and collect new photos as needed
- Update the master spreadsheet of children available for sponsorship as new children are admitted to the children’s home or when existing children leave the home
- Ensure that gifts are purchased and delivered when sponsors donate the purchase of a present and take photos for the sponsor if possible
- Closely communicate/regularly update the US Office Point Person
- Captain Support
- Aid the captain assigned to with tasks they may not have time for, including communication with donors and the Back2Back US Office
- Team/Group support: go the extra mile with each mission trip participant
- Setup/breakdown of LDM group facilities
- Daily group preparation setup (breakfast check, on call, mid-week clean up, cameras)
- Airport runs for pick-up/drop-off of team members
- Accommodating special needs of team members (i.e. allergies)
- Scheduling and logistical support (breakfast, shopping, field trip set up, craft/donation distribution)
- Dorm checks to ensure supplies are restocked (soap dispensers, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Special Event coordination (quinceneras, parties, local fundraisers)
- Intern administration/ leadership/management
- House parent substitutes
- Correspond with US Office about teams
- Help the US Office gather stories and updates from children’s homes
- Help the US Office on special projects, such as the gift catalog and magazine.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.