Position Title: Social Worker
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Reports to: Back2Back Cincinnati Director
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Team, Child Development Team
Position summary: Create, develop, and implement holistic care initiatives to meet the identified needs of children, teenagers, and families that Back2Back Cincinnati serves. Provide direction and leadership towards development and implementation of social work best practices for Back2Back Cincinnati. Utilize the 5-Point Child Development Plan, Child Status Index, and other evidence based assessment and evaluation tools to offer valuable support and assistance for families in need who live in Cincinnati.
- Implement the student and family admission system for the Back2Back Cincinnati Program inclusive of:
- Admission formats
- Interviews with candidates/families and elaborate diagnose
- Back2Back requirements
- Child Protection Services requirements
- Programs admission calendar
- Maintain a caseload of 3-5 Case Workers (supplement case worker role when needed)
- Conduct regular in-home assessments with Case Workers when needed (using child Status Index, Risk Assessment, Environmental Scans)
- Oversee the holistic care plan for each child/family through the Case Worker
- Collaborate with teachers, health professionals, spiritual leaders, and others to determine action plans and review goal progress.
- Aid with emergencies and problem solving
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and trainings
- Work with other staff to help plan activities (such as field trips
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in Social Work
- License in Social Work
- Trauma Competent Trained
- Experience working with children or families
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Access to transportation to enable regular in-home visits
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrates compassion
- Motivates others
- Listens actively
- Socially perceptive
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.