Meaning Behind Behavior
Download the Institute’s Behavior Tracking Worksheet:
Here are a few things to add to your list as you are tracking a child’s behavior:
- Is this an unusually busy day?
- Were established routines or schedules being disrupted?
- Is this occurring during transitions from one activity to another?
- Could this be a drop in blood sugar or lack of hydration?
- Is this the happening at same time of day or with the same people?
Spend the next several weeks recording your child or teen’s behavior. After a time, patterns may emerge that will clue you into what is really going on beneath the surface.