Position: IT Support Tech and Developer
Location: US Office, Mason OH
Reports to: IT Director
Works closely with: US Operations, Leadership Team, Marketing, other local and international departments, system users, vendors and consultants.
Develop and implement technology strategies throughout Back2Back Ministries including but not limited to web development, hardware configuration, and strategic projects. Support individuals and departments with their technology needs. Serve in a central office to deploy efficient and timely tools for global teammates.
- Design interoperable technology platforms for growth and communications between networks of child-centered ministry efforts.
- Document, support, and train staff in the US and remote locations.
- Maintain database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements, advising leadership, coordinating design and programming. Secure database by developing policies, procedures and controls. Troubleshoots problems within web applications.
- Keep supervisor informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Manage costs; plan for the future through hardware and software by assessing efficiency, performance and emergent options.
- Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming. Perform selected software installations.
- Understand target audiences and use best practices to ensure online content is maximized as a tool for accomplishing the organization’s goals.
- Manipulate, and occasionally develop, graphics, logos, pictures or artwork for inclusion in web content or application services. Maintain a working knowledge of continuing changes in website development tools and techniques.
- Help individual users and departments solve web design and web-based application problems; strive to keep web content up to date.
- Work independently to gather information and materials related to needs of staff, evaluating available resources and compatibility with legacy platforms.
- Launch, operate and maintain full-stack web servers for annual projects or on-going communications. Analyze learning management and database systems for debugging and restructuring.
- Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data, identifying and evaluating options, and recommending a course of action.
- Confirm program objectives and specifications by testing new programs, comparing programs with established standards, and making modifications.
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications, evaluating proposed changes, recommending changes, and making modifications.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- 4-year university degree in a related field or demonstrated role competency.
- 2 years in a front/back-end web team.
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required.
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Fluent in Mac, Windows and mobile platform operations and administration.
- Prefered experience and competency in Netsuite to enhance organizational performance.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Knowledge of database organization.
- Communicate effectively to global, cross-cultural communities with cultural humility and the ability to collaborate in an international setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Handle numerous tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Highly detail oriented, creating and maintaining consistency among materials.
- Ability to work cooperatively and contribute as a strong team player.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with minimum supervision, while allocating time and resources to those projects that have highest priority.
- Skills that apply to working professionally with a variety of people in a variety of work settings.
- Flexible and teachable; adaptable to change.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below: