Position Title: Handyman
Location: Mazatlan, Mexico
Status: STINT (Short Term International Trip)
Reports to: Architecture/Project Manager
Works closely with: Mazatlan Site Director, Mazatlan Site Staff
Position summary: Supports site programs by meeting maintenance, building and landscaping needs for Back2Back and ministry partners.
- Inspect all ministry site areas, children homes and Hope Program homes to identify problem areas, mechanical failure, breakdowns, and maintenance needs.
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems as required.
- Test performance of appliances, machines, and tools
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds
- Clean facilities
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices
- Undertake light installation or carpeting
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Plumbing and electrical training/certification or professional experience
- Proven experience as a handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Basic skills and knowledge of construction and how things work
- Leads workers effectively as well as intern projects
- Run errands, buy materials, and change money at bank.
- Key eye for detail and quality
- Basic math skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Apt in problem solving.
- Detail oriented
- Read and interpret blue prints and architectural drawings
- Ability to create a basic plan for electrical and plumbing
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Time management
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Demonstrates good judgement and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.