Note: This position does not require support raising.
Position Title: Finance Staff Accountant
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Reports to: Financial Controller
Works closely with: Finance Associate, Finance Coordinator, Donor Relations Coordinator, Child Sponsorship, Mission Trip Team, and other Back2Back Staff.
Position summary: Handles duties in all aspects of the accounting processes to support the Finance Team to meet the Financial needs of the organization.
- Oversee daily process of Finance department to ensure process and accounting standards are followed including Donations, Payables, Payroll and General Ledger entries.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to create efficiencies and internal controls within Finance Department.
- Manage Payables including processing vendor payments, expense reimbursements, corporate credit card payments, grant transfers and vendor 1099 processing. Includes checks, ACH, EFT and wire transfers.
- Manage biweekly staff payroll. Coordinate and manage changes in Payroll, timekeeping system and Benefit systems with Controller.
- Process Journal Entries for payroll, and benefits.
- Prepare monthly financials including budget reports.
- Perform monthly reconciliations as directed by controller.
- Provide mentoring to Finance Coordinator and Associate staff members to assist in job related growth and development.
- Assist with special projects such as month end and year-end closes.
- Assist with annual audit and Form 990 preparation.
- File Annual State License Registrations.
- Assist with making recommendations for accounting systems and process upgrades.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Controller.
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Participate actively in Finance Team meetings, tasks, activities, and events.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting.
- Minimum 5-years of progressive accounting experience (non-profit preferred)
- CPA preferred.
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Competent operation of NetSuite or other Accounting Software preferred.
- Competent operation of ADP or other payroll processing service experience.
- Learn Back2Back financial software and systems and utilize them with intermediate to advanced levels of competency.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work independently and efficiently to coordinate and execute systems and process.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Multi-task and adjust priorities
- Stay organized with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate discernment and the ability to solve problems.
- Work efficiently within the available time and resources.
- Perform thorough independent research.
- Operate as a proactive team player.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below: