Position Title: Education Coordinator for Ministry Partners
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Reports to: Back2Back Cincinnati Director
Works closely with: Back2Back Cincinnati Team, Back2Back Cincinnati ministry partner organizations, Child Development Team
Position summary: Utilize the 5-Point Child Development Plan, Child Status Index, and other evidence based assessment and educational evaluation tools to offer valuable support and assistance for teenagers and families in an effort to move them toward dependence on Jesus, interdependence in community, and economic independence.
- Create and maintain relationships with Cincinnati Public School administrators and educators.
- Evaluate and document after school tutoring programs offered by non-profits in Cincinnati
- Create a database of tutoring options for families/students based on neighborhood
- Help set visions and goals for each child and family
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, spiritual leaders, and others to determine action plans and review goal progress.
- Study and understand the Wiz Kids program
- Execute the Back2Back Cincinnati tutoring model, based on the 5-Point Child Development Plan
- Use play with a purpose modules during tutoring
- Captain a Back2Back afterschool program
- Develop a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Secondary Education or Social Work with an emphasis in Education
- Training in Trauma Competent Care
- Experience with middle school and high school boys
- Understands Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Access to transportation to enable regular in-home visits.
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with home theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrates Compassion
- Motivates others
- Active listener
- Social perceptive
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.