Position: Development Officer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Reports to: Development Director
Works closely with: Development Team, Finance Team, Site Directors, Ministry Partners
Position Summary: Secure funding for the organization by developing a group of assigned, qualified donors (caseload). Assure as many as possible are retained as continuing donors and upgraded in their giving and involvement, thereby helping them to fulfill their passions and interests through giving to Back2Back and enabling the ministry to accomplish its mission and vision.
Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management:
- Develops an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships.
- Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks.
- Personally solicits assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials.
- Help existing donors feel good about their generosity by sharing the incredible impact our programs are having on the lives of orphans and vulnerable children around the world.
- Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue.
- Develops ongoing relationships with major donors for the benefits of Back2Back Ministries.
- Cultivates, solicits and stewards support from organizations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals. This includes assisting organizations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement by being proficient at clearly articulating Back2Back programs, listening to an organization’s needs and aligning Back2Back Programs to their interests.
- Implements programs and activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors with an emphasis on maximizing program revenue for the Back2Back Ministries.
- May identify potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors
- Updates donor records in database (NetSuite) following donor contacts.
- Executes ongoing strategy for donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture lapsed donors.
- Works collaboratively with other departments and partners within development staff to create customized strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor or prospect.
General Staff Duties
- Assist as needed with organizational special events.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-years of related work experience
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Results-driven self-starter and true people person with an outgoing nature.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences, being sensitive to those of other cultures, personalities, functions, and skills.
- Makes people feel valued by being sensitive to their needs.
- Organized, prepared, and detail oriented to follow through on promises.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest donor service orientation.
- Demonstrate high reliability through timeliness and execution of responsibilities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate resiliency by adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Handle conflict in an honoring and truthful manner.
- Maintain confidentiality.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.