Position Title: Caseworker
Location: Cancun, Mexico
Reports to: Social Worker
Works closely with: Cancun Staff Team
Position summary: Using Back2Back’s 5-Point child Development Plan, caseworkers offer valuable support and assistance to families in need who live in one of the communities where Back2Back serves in Cancun.
- Maintain a caseload of 3 or more client-families who are part of the Strong Families Program (the number of families depends on the needs and depth of work required for each family.)
- Conduct regular in-home assessments, including the Child Status Index, Risk Assessment, Environmental Scans
- Have face-to-face visits with each client-family one time each week, and at least two visits per month, should be in the home of the client-families.
- Work with the social worker to create life stories
- Oversee and keep up-to-date the Ministry Partner Agreements
- Help set goals with children and families in the five areas of the 5-Point Child Development Plan
- Supervise and oversee goal completion (accountability)
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team including social worker, psychologist, teacher, etc., to determine action plans and review goal progress.
- Aid with emergencies and problem solving with client families
- Attend appropriate staff meetings & trainings
- Work with other staff to help plan/coordinate activities (field trips, health visits, etc.)
- Work with the social worker to address legal issues (judicial, DIF)
- Maintain records on families and activities (use online or other appropriate method)
- Connect children and families with resources, services, and opportunities
- Facilitate all Child Sponsorship Responsibilities including writing and translating letters, sending pictures to sponsors, sending pictures to the US Office, and working with the site Child Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, psychology or community development
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Mature Christian
- Bilingual- English and Spanish
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good documentation skills
- Good time management
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills (could involve crisis intervention)
- Compassion and a heart for working with marginalized children & families
- Access to transportation that enables regular in-home visits
- Experience working with families and children
- Letters of recommendation from a pastor or other Christian associate, and one professional recommendation
- Ability to administrate financial resources
- Active listening
- Motivational skills
- Social perceptiveness
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
If you’re interested in this role, click the button below.