Position Title: US Child Sponsorship Program Coordinator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours/week (willing to accept part-time)
Reports to: Child Sponsorship Manager
Works closely with: Child Sponsorship Manager, Child Sponsorship Coordinator, Finance Department, Development Team, Site Child Sponsorship Program Coordinators
Position summary: Manage the Child Sponsorship Program (CSP) letter process, the CSP donation tracking and follow-up with donors. Opportunity to support and manage ongoing CSP projects as time and need allows.
- Manage CSP letter process
- Track letters written to children and from children.
- Manage letter schedule and due dates.
- Manage sending letters to sponsors and to sites/children.
- Coordinate volunteers to help as needed.
- Explore tools and resources to improve the letter process.
- Manage templates, envelopes, labels, etc. to ensure Home Office and sites have what is needed.
- Track Child Sponsorship Program financial commitments
- Work with the Finance Department to track donations received for Child Sponsorship Program.
- Follow-up with delinquent donors.
- Reach out to sponsors who give annually to request they renew sponsorship.
- Work with the Finance Department to find out which automatic donations for Child Sponsorship Program declined, then follow-up with sponsors to get current donation information.
- Work with Development on following up with sponsors whose children leave the program or whose donations are delinquent.
- Assist with developing the Child Sponsorship Program with various projects.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Graduate of 4-year University or minimum of 5 years work experience
- Mature Christian
- Back2Back work or volunteer experience preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Have a clear understanding of and commitment to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Strong administrative skills and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage people through delegation, clear direction and communication of expectations
- Knowledgeable of financial processes and fiscally responsible
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strategic-thinker and able to implement and support strategic plans
- Project management skills, including ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexible and teachable; adaptable to change
- Displays wisdom
- Ability to work cooperatively and contribute as a team-player
- Strong analytical / evaluative
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.
Back2Back Ministries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults as outlined in the Back2Back Safeguarding Policy. We recognize the effectiveness of safe recruitment and are committed to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding.