Position Title: Sierra Madre Christian Academy Teacher
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Status: Full-time, Start Date in 2022
Reports to: Sierra Madre Christian Academy Principal
Works closely with: Monterrey Site Staff Team and families
Position summary: This teaching position is expected to lead a multi-age classroom of staff children, teaching and guiding them through the academic requirements as outlined in the provided standards and curriculum.
- Teach multiple grade levels
- Follows designated curriculum
- Implements additional material to support curriculum objectives.
- Records regularly reported grades and parent conferences.
- Maintains classroom management.
- Plans for quarterly instructional units with measure able outcomes per grade level
- Submit daily lesson plans, as well as cumulative reports for each student
- Submit cumulative reports for each student- quarterly report cards.
- Reports should include:
- Subject grade for each discipline being studied
- A description of curriculum and work accomplishments
- Samples of school work- portfolios.
- Teacher records/lesson planning, which should include:
- Daily lesson plans covering each subject
- Chapters and lessons
- Scope and sequence tracking for continuity between grade levels
- Texts used and covered during the year.
- Follow the same calendar as the students, determined by the Sierra Madre Christian Academy Principal
- Vacation/holidays follow the school calendar, and vacation can only be taken on regularly scheduled holidays.
- Work during all school days, which are required work days.
- School days may not be used for travel, vacation or ministry partner development
- Allotted 3 sick days
- The Sierra Madre Christian Academy school days begins at 8:00am and finished at 3:00pm, with a one hour break from 12:00pm-1:00pm, plus necessary prep and grading.
- Field trips will be taken monthly, and paid for by the SMCA account.
- Teacher expenses/materials are paid for using the SMCA account; however, these purchases may only be made upon request.
- Develop and maintain a team of ministry partners that fully fund the position.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education is preferred
Required skills and abilities:
- Commit to Back2Back’s mission and vision.
- Adhere to and share the Back2Back Statement of Faith, Cultural Values, and Standards of a Staff Member.
- Operate with basic competency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Works well with children
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective classroom management
- Project management abilities
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work on a team as either a leader or support staff
- Ability to problem solve (analytical and evaluative)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity to work within limited resources
- Adaptability to different circumstances and working conditions
- Understanding and practice with theories of trauma and attachment
- Demonstrate compassion
- Motivates others
- Listens actively
- Socially perceptive.
This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties or responsibilities associated with the role. Staff may be assigned tasks other than those specifically listed in this description in order to further the goals of the role or of the organization.